Today, to an apparently, far greater degree, than at any time, in recent memory, of American politics, policy, and leadership, we are often, witnessing, individual, political leaders, on the so – called, right and / or left , articulate positions, which appear to be based, more on rhetoric, and / or politics, than realistic, fact – based, items. How often have we witnessed, some politician, claim, any message, which contradicts, either their position (or them, personally), is, Fake News? Wouldn't our nation, be, far better served, if there was more truth, rather than rhetoric and / or bluster, and actual FACTS, became, both, a necessity of holding elected office? With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly identify, discuss, and consider, using the mnemonic approach, why we should demand this basic level of integrity, from those, we elect.
1. False; future; furnish; fruition: Just because one holds a certain, political perspective or position, does not make it truth, and, any opposing position, fake! President Donald Trump, consistently claims, anything, which disagrees with him, is fake! Although he has, according to political fact – checkers, lied, on average, 6 times each day, and repeats the same statements, even when they have been reputed constantly, his core supporters seem to believe anything he claims. How does that benefit America's future, and furnish, the level of ideas, to bring, relevant ideas, to fruition?
2. Attention; agenda: While every politician, has some sort of agenda, we need, and deserve leaders, who pay attention, to ramifications, etc, rather than their political agenda and self – interests! What good does it do, to claim, everything else, is fake, when, especially, in this President's tenure, he articulates, constant misstatements, etc?
3. Character; creative; charges; cite: Donald Trump has, to a far larger degree, than we've ever observed, repeated the same accusations, etc, or changed his story, to meet his populist agenda! We need leaders, with the character, to seek creative approaches, and the common good! Statements made, without veracity, and any attempt to cite true facts, is dangerous, in a public official!
4. Timely: Constantly, blaming and complaining, often dwells on the past, rather than seeking viable, well – considered, timely action! We need solutions, rather than rhetoric and populist promises!
5. Source; solutions; service; self – interest: Voters must demand, reliable sources of information, rather than accepting Fake News, and being satisfied, if it serves their self – interest! We need solutions, based on quality service, to all Americans, rather than bluster!
Don't fall into the trap, of, either claiming, something, is real, or face FACTS , but rather, seek viable solutions, which consider ramifications and alternatives. If we are to make American greater, it requires, more than slogans and / or rhetoric, but demanding, realistic, well – considered solutions!