Brimmed with architectural marvels, including the magnificent forts, mammoth palaces, splendid desert landscapes and other glorious remnants of its regal past, Rajasthan is one of the most coveted destinations for tourists, all over the world. While you should certainly visit the prominent attractions of the state including the Hawa Mahal in Jaipur to Lake Pichola in Udaipur and the towering Mehrangarh Fort of Jodhpur, you must also treat your eyes to the spectacular beauty of some of the lesser known marvels of the state .
Today, we bring to you a list of some of the hidden sights that represent the real heart of Rajasthan.
1. NARLAI, PALI
A beautiful village in the Pali district of Rajasthan, Narlai is situated in the midway of Jodhpur and Udaipur. The age-old havelis here have been transformed into luxurious hotels to provide you the ultimate experience, as enjoyed by the erstwhile royal families.
One of the marvelous heritage resorts in Narlai popularly known as Rawla Narlai was once the Jagir Village of the royal family of Jodhpur but has now been converted into a well-maintained heritage resort. Immerse yourself into the splendor and opulence of Rawla Narlai and have an enchanting holiday ahead!
Experiences at Narlai
• Ignite your taste buds and enjoy a sumptuous meal amidst a hundred lamps at the step well
• Enjoy a steaming cup of tea by a prominent lake and dive into the serene beauty of nature
• Explore on horseback the rocky, hilly and plain terrain of Narlai
• Explore the nearby village by opting for a guided safari tour.
• Enjoy a spectacular view of the sunrise / sunset from the Narlai Hill
• Pay a visit to the cave temple dedicated to Lord Shiva
2. RAMATHRA FORT
The biggest attractions of the Ramathra Fort include the fort, the lake and the countryside. It is believed that Lord Rama camped here while traveling to Sri Lanka and hence, the name! The fort has a strong parameter wall adorned with parapets. Its wide ramparts offer a striking view, atop a hill. Set around the Kailisil Lake, the Ramathra offers an experiential heritage stay.
Experiences at Ramathra
• Explore the wild beauties as you go for an enthralling jungle safari
• Enjoy trekking and climbing old forts, a real fun for the adrenaline junkies
• Enjoy a day picnic at the beautiful lake side
3. BHAINSRORGARH FORT
An impregnable fort from the bygone era, Bhainsarorgarh is beautifully perched over the glistening Chambal River. With origins dating back to centuries, the fort has now been converted into an opulent heritage hotel maintained by the erstwhile royal family and is gradually becoming a major tourist attraction, all thanks to the intrinsic beauty that it is bestowed with. In case you wish to explore the hidden gems in Rajasthan, a visit to the Bhainsarorgarh Fort is a must!
Experiences at Bhainsrorgarh
• Enjoy boating in the Chambal river in a comfortable country boat and witness the bird activities along with crocodiles basking on the shores
• Drive to the tribal villages and enjoy a sunset Safari.
• A day picnic at Hinglaj Garh Fort amidst thick forest.
4. MIHIR GARH
Recently construed in the year 2009, the Mihirgarh Fort seamlessly merges the state's heritage with modernity. Consisting of nine premium suites which are an epitome of sheer luxury, the fort boasts of numerous alcoves, lounges and common areas, offering a striking view of the pictorial landscapes. Standing tall amidst the sprawling Thar, Mihirgarh is beyond the shadow of doubt a unique gem that leaves you craving for more!
Experiences at Mihir Garh
• Opt for a village safari and feel the pulse of rural Rajasthan
• Watch myriads of bird species by the lakes around Mihirgarh
• Enjoy a royal meal in an embellished tent, set up around the lake.
Rajasthan is famous for its forts, monumental palaces, picturesque landscapes and vibrant culture. There are many that you must have visited so far but just in case, you wish to explore the beauty of the unexplored marvels of Rajasthan, do pay a visit to the destinations mentioned above. We are pretty sure that these hidden troves will entice you to the core and leave you mesmerizing. Plan a trip to the princely state in the months between October and March and make memories to treasure for long!