Diplomats ft DmX – What’s Really Good.
The only way, any public official, might serve and represent, his constituents, in a quality, dependable, meaningful manner, is, if they are ready, willing, and able, to proceed, consistently, focused on being a FORCE for good! Unfortunately, only a minority of those, we elect, or are appointed to represent us, do so, instead of their own personal / political agenda, and self – interest. Most of us, remember, when Donald Trump, was running for President, in 2016. two of his most prominent campaign slogans / promises, were, Make America Great Again, and, Drain the Swamp , but we have witnessed, and observed, partisan politics, at its worst, and a level of rhetoric, and vitriol, which has created an unprecedented division, and polarization, instead of any attempt, to bring us, together, for the common good, and / or, a meeting – of – the – minds! When might the American public, wake-up, and demand better, emphasizing quality service and representation, based on the ethical, moral, freedoms, liberties, and justice – for – all, guaranteed by the American Constitution? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, explain, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why, we must emphasize, what's right about this nation, and how all our citizens, would benefit, if this became our focus, and emphasis.
1. Face facts; future; furnish; fruition: Proceeding with rose – colored glasses, rarely achieves the best possibilities! We need to elect people, ready, and willing to face facts, instead of stating their own versions of Fake Facts! Quality representation looks to the future, and provides a path, to furnish, what we need, and deserve! The individuals must possess the potential, to bring the best actions, and strategies, to fruition. Avoid those, who refuse to consider, the longer – term, because that, always, brings on ramifications, which harm our future, etc!
2. Options; opportunities; optimal: Which options one chooses, and whether, he considers the finest opportunities, for all Americans, determines, whether he is serving, optimally, all our people, in accordance, with the guarantees, we gain, from our Constitution!
3. Relevant; reliable; realistic; rationale: Closely examine a politician's stated rationale, and ask probing questions, while demanding thorough answers! These people must be realistic, yet positive, and longer – thinking, and provide relevant, reliable, service, which minimizes potential, undesirable ramifications!
4. Character; creative; coordinate; cooperation; common good; Climate Change: Always pay keen attention, to the true character, of potential leaders, and demand, it focuses on the common good! We need creative, cooperative, elected officials, who focus on bringing us, together, for the greater good, instead of creating a polarizing atmosphere! Avoid Climate Change, deniers, because, they are refusing to react to the inherent needs of our world!
5. Evolving; environment; empathy; energy; excellence: In our evolving society, and world, it's essential to focus on environmental concerns, and needs, with genuine empathy, and lead, with the energy, which bring us, together, towards greater greater excellence, instead of rhetoric and empty promises!
Wake up, America, and vote responsibly, demanding better, and more unified leadership! It's up to you!
With 130,000 available hotel rooms (148,978 if you throw in Nye County and Laughlin) you might think there would be a "Deals" to be found. You would most likely be wrong! Finding a "deal" in a city whose Major Resort properties run near capacity is becoming difficult difficult. Why? Because the top resort properties are controlled by a select group of companies that have no incentive to discount.
Vegas' Law of Supply and Demand
Consider for a moment the simple law of "Supply and Demand". When the supply is high and the demand is low the prices drop. Vegas is a boomtown, the demand is high and the supply is low. How could that be with 130,000 rooms? The answer is simple: 30 million annual visitors and growing! In fact the growth rate is so phenomenal that Mega Resorts like Mandalay Bay (43 story $ 375 million Spa Tower featuring 1,120 Suites completed in December 2004) and The Venetian (currently expanding) and the recently completed $ 2.4 Billion Wynn Las Vegas (Opened April 2005) are adding thousands of rooms to the "Heart of the Strip". So phenomenal is the growth that even out of State Financiers like Donald Trump are getting in on the action. The Demand for Rooms is exceeding the supply so the prices are rising!
According to an interview published July 30, 2004 in USA Today Trump's plans include a 64-story hotel-condominium tower to be built on a portion of the Frontier Hotel property across from the Wynn Las Vegas Resort and next to the Fashion Show Mall.
Scheduled to begin construction sometime in 2005 the $ 300 million project will feature 1,000 hotel rooms, and 50 luxury residential units modeled after the Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York. There will be no Casino on the property.
Only 10% of Las Vegas Hotels are Booked Online
In several articles I've researched this year published in various Business Journals and by Hotel Industry analysts the actual booking rate for Hotels offering online services to their visitors is approximately 10% Nationwide. This I believe to be an accurate representation of Las Vegas as well. (Our company runs several websites offering Hotel Booking and these numbers are in line with our own).
Further Proof: "Only about 10 percent of our rooms are booked at Hyatt.COM," said Gary Gotling, director of sales and marketing for Hyatt Regency Tampa.
This means 90% of you are using the Internet to gather information, but are not actually making your reservation Online! Traditional Travel Agents and telephone calls are still the preferred method of booking. The Internet is being used as an information gathering source, and little more. The big Players know this and use it to their advantage. Again there is no incentive to offer lower rates if your customers don't take advantage of them. I'll touch briefly on the issue of Room Taxation by saying that most local governments hate the internet because rooms booked online by out of State interests are cutting into their available tax pool. Expect local Government officials to act sooner than later on this issue.
So where does your money go when you book online?
If you search Vegas.com you'll find they are owned by Greenspun Media Group (Henderson, NV) which publishes the Las Vegas Sun Daily Newspaper, and owns Vegas Magazine, Showbiz Weekly, In Business, Las Vegas Weekly, VegasGolfer, Las Vegas Life, and The Ralston Report. Greenspun Media is part of the Greenspun Corporation, which also owns local channel 25 UPN. Greenspun is a partner in Las Vegas ONE, an all-news cable channel. American Nevada, the real estate division of the Greenspun Corporation, is among the most recognized commercial and residential developers in the Las Vegas valley. Their annual advertising budget exceeds 7 figures! Somebody has to pay the price for all that advertising.
You might try the popular website LasVegas.com which has an interesting and storied history. The site Domain was licensed in 2002 from the Stephens Media Group of Littlerock Arkansas (Las Vegas Review Journal, Hawaii.com) to the Mandalay Resort Group and Parkplace Entertainment. Follow along now – 2004 Park Place became Caesars Entertainment, which in turn was purchased by Harrah's Entertainment. This deal came just one month after MGM / Mirage agreed to purchase the Mandalay Resort Group. Need a room on the strip? Hmmm – I think the pricing is going to be pretty consistent! And to think that you could have owned LasVegas.com as late as 1997!
IAC (InterActiveCorp) run by Mega Financier Barry Diller operates these online Travel Booking Agencies
Expedia's Vegas Packages
Note (s): Expedia is # 1 in total online Travel Bookings for 3rd party internet based booking agencies. But their piece of the total "booking pie" is still very small. Mr. Diller also oversaw the recent acquisition of "Ask Jeeves" for a mere $ 1.85 billion. Don't expect those room prices to drop any time soon.
Saber Holdings Corp owns:
Travelocity – # 3 in Travel Bookings
Note: Saber was the "Big Player" in the Travel Agent industry as most Travel Agent computers tied into their booking systems. Travelocity is # 3 behind Expedia and Orbitz (Now owned by Cedant Corp.)
Cedant Crop is the worlds top Hotel Franchiser with over 6,400 locations and owns or franchises:
· Orbitz – # 2 in Travel Visitors
FYI – Cadant also owns Avis & Budget Rent A Car, Fairfield Resorts (timeshare resorts), Cheap Tickets.com, and Century 21 and Coldwell Banker Real Estate Franchises.
So where does this leave you? I'd suggest you take a quick read of the tips below.
Quick Tips for Vegas Visitors on a Budget?
You're probably thinking I'll suggest visiting in the "off season". Don't do it! August temperatures often exceed 110 degrees – and that's the air temperature not the heat radiating off of the concrete and asphalt. No I'm going to suggest you do something much simpler – stay off the strip! Car rentals are cheap when you compare them to the exorbitant prices of the top "On Strip" Mega Resorts. Try a Hotel in Henderson or Summerlin. I'd suggest smaller resorts like the SunCoast or The Orleans.
Get a rental car and park behind the Excalibur, New York New York, or in the Fashion Show Mall (It's covered and very secure). Click on Internet Ads and see what is available. While 90% of the rooms are booked at capacity the Hotels that are not booked fully actually do advertise! Click those ads! I once stayed at the Fiesta Henderson for $ 29.95 a night for 3 nights in a row, and I had a suite with 2 queen rooms! I found this deal on an Internet Ad! In fact when I called the Hotel to try and get an even better deal they told me I had to book online! Try corporate housing as it's usually full during the weekdays but available on the Weekends when the business Travelers return home. Visit the websites of Hotels you may want to stay at and sign up for their email promos so you get offers sent directly to you before your trip (Use a free address like Hotmail for this purpose). Ask at the desk when you sign in for any additional perks or offers available to guests. It's kind of like asking for the window seat on the plane, if you don't ask for it you won't get it. And my final tip is Form before Fashion – bring your most comfortable walking shoes and stock up on bottled water at the local grocer before you check in. Enjoy!
Whether one agrees, and supports, or disagrees, and strongly opposes, the administration of President Donald Trump, and the apparent direction, he is guiding our nation towards, all should recognize and admit, we are experiencing a period of time, which is the most polarizing, in recent memory! Shouldn't one of the essential goals, requirements, and matters, of all public leaders, be, to bring us together, for the common good, and reaching (or at least, attempting to reach), a true, meeting – of – the – minds? We need to demand better from our public and elected officials, which, emphasizes, and prioritizes, how they might, be the individual, who BRINGS people together, and represents all Americans, instead of, merely, his supporters and followers! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why we need, this type of leadership.
1. Benefits; beliefs; better: When they focus on benefits, for all, rather than partisan politics, and seek, to serve and represent, the best interests of all, they become better leaders! They are entitled to their beliefs, and should articulate these, openly, and honestly, but, must never represent their personal opinions, as facts. One is entitled to his own opinions, but never, his own set of facts!
2. Relevant; reliable; realistic; responsive / responsible: What good are any promises, if they are empty, and / or, fail to be relevant? When President Trump emphasizes his slogan, Make America Great Again , does that indicate, a desire to look at various options and alternatives, or, does using, the word, again , mean, he's emphasizing, his perception of the Good Old Days ? Rather, we need individuals, who are well – informed, have the needed expertise and experiences, and proceed, in a reliable, realistic manner! Unless / until, public officials are both, responsive, and responsible, he probably, shouldn't be serving in the position, he holds!
3. Integrity; ideas; ideals; imagination; insights: When was the last time, it seemed, an official maintained absolute integrity, despite the availability of a simpler path? His ideals, and well – developed, imagination, must bring about ideas, and insights, which enhance his group's and constituent's best interests!
4. Needs: Leading must be based on the needs, and relevant, sustainable realities, goals, and matters, of the group, and citizens!
5. Generate goodwill; greater good: When one's attitude, and message, he articulates, pits people, against others, he is not generating goodwill, and, thus, in the longer – run, is harming our nation's future! Instead, these people must abandon their personal / political agenda, and self – interest, and serve the greater good!
6. Serve / service; solve / solutions; sustainable; stronger; system: We elect people to serve and represent, all our people, and protect all the rights and guarantees, granted in our American Constitution! The goal must be to solve, in a meaningful way, providing viable solutions, instead of empty promises, and rhetoric! Their service must make us stronger, and their legacy, should be the quality of their system, towards making our nation better!
It's all about, how a public official, BRINGS people together! Wake up, America, exercise your right and obligation to vote, and do so, in a more informed manner!
Wonder if Revo Styler is a good buy? I'm sure you've seen this product on the late night infomercials. This hair styling product is a hand held, revolving round brush. It claims that it adds shine, volume and bounce to your hair. I personally own this product and wanted to provide a review to help you decide if this product is right for you.
What's so different about the Revo Hair Styler? The brush is made of nylon and boar bristles. The nylon bristles help to bring the hair into the brush. There's a reason they use boar hair in brushes. The boar bristle smooths the hair out and adds texture and shine. On top of that the rotating brush helps to style and add volume to the hair.
The Revo Styler Works as Follows
1. The instructions say to wash your hair and partially dry it. It specifically tells you not to use hair products in your hair before using the Revo Styler.
2. You hold the brush a few inches from your head and it straightens the entire length of the hair right down to your scalp. The brush can rotate on either slow or fast speed. A switch allows you to change the direction of the rotation. Until you get the hang of the brush use the low speed.
3. The instructions suggest that you use small sections the hair. When you are using the brush, be really careful your hair does not tangle. It does not hurt if your hair does get tangled. The brush has a safety catch and pauses if it encounters too much resistance. Also, it is easy to untangle without damaging your hair.
4. Once you start styling your hair you may find it awkward to use. It's heavy which makes it difficult to hold on to. It may take you up to a couple of weeks for you get used to it.
The Revo Styler comes with the following
- Large spin brush
- Styling brush
- Charging cradle
- Sectioning clip
- One comb
- Ten minute instructional video
- Six page manual
- The whole set costs $ 80. You can also buy a smaller styling brush for an extra $ 20.
- It creates a beautiful salon look.
- If you have arthritis in your fingers and hands it's much easier to use the revo styler than a regular round brush.
- Your hair will feel cleaner longer because you don't use any styling products.
- You're able to give your hair lots of body.
- The brush stays charged for two weeks at a time.
- It shortens your drying and styling time.
- Your arms get tired using the styler.
- It's quite expensive with an $ 80 price tag.
- The brush does not style your hair in ten minutes like the makers claim. It takes around 20 minutes.
- It isn't the greatest product for performance and ease until you get used to it.
- If your hair length is past your neck, your hair may get tangled in the brush.
- It takes up a lot of space in small bathroom.
Almost blow dry your hair completely first and then finish with the Revo Styler. This way you can use both hands for the blow dryer then for the styler. Also use plenty of hair clips and use small sections of hair while styling with the brush.
The Revo Styler is an excellent styling tool but it does take a little while to get used to. There is an instructional video that comes along with it. It really helps to visually see how to use the brush. I'm personally impressed with being able to straighten, add volume and nice soft curls to my hair. All at the same time!